Wondering if this course is for you? Let's find out if we're a good fit. . .
You are right for PIANO SONG ACADEMY if you want to have the freedom to sit and play your favourite songs on the piano as a fun and relaxing hobby, without having to spend years learning heavy music theory and playing songs you don't love.
PIANO SONG ACADEMY is right for you if you have always dreamed of playing at a party or gathering with your family and friends where everyone can sing along and join in with you creating wonderful memories.
If you are...
> A beginner piano player who is unsure of where to begin and has spent too much time searching YouTube tutorials with no real lasting results.
> A returning piano player who used to play who was turned off piano by learning in a traditional grade setting and never really got to play the songs they liked.
> Someone who wants to be able to sing and play the piano for fun for themselves or for live performances.
> Someone who wants to come home at the end of a long day to relax and unwind by playing beautiful, fun music that fills their home and heart without spending hours a day practicing.
> Someone who wants a fulfilling hobby with positive and lasting mental and emotional benefits.
By the end of this course you will be able to...
- Confidently play songs you know and love on the piano
- Understand how to build and play all the main chords on the piano which are the basis of ALL songs
- Know how chords go together to create songs
- Add fills and flair to your playing to sound like a pro
- Pick a song you love and figure out how to play it
- Play a melody along with chords
- Know how, what and for how long to practice
- Sit down at a piano and play for fun
- Have a roadmap to know how to continue learning in the future
Don't take my word for it - hear from one of my students
'The course was brilliant. It was packed full of useful content and I was excited...every week. The videos gave me something to focus on during the week and I could feel myself improving. The style of teaching was super, lovely positive attitude that made me feel that I could improve.'
Tracy Gilbert (2022 live course student)
Inside Piano Song Academy, YOU GET…
> 6 Modules with videos, pdfs and cheat sheets to help you get the most out of the course and playing as quickly as possible with lifetime access. (€147 value)
> 3 Extra Bonus Modules to take you even further when you are ready (€191 value)
> Songbooks with extra songs from different genres to play so you will never be stuck for song inspiration (€99 value)
> Weekly Practice Planners to keep you on track (€27 value)
> Access to a private student Facebook group for accountability and inspiration and where you can share ideas and wins with like minded people on the same path (€47)
THAT'S OVER €511 IN VALUE
Plus You'll be Backed by a
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Money is hard earned these days, I know that. That's why just in case this course is not what you expected or you are unhappy with the product for any reason I offer a 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Simply send me an email and we'll refund your money. Hopefully that sets any enrolment nerves at rest.
Still Pondering? Find out What to Expect in This Course
- Get to know your teacher
- Learn the basics before you begin
- Get your mindset ready
- Learn the best practice tips
Module 1 - Play Your First Song - chords and progressions
- Play songs you know straight away in the first module.
- Here you will learn how to build the most important chords in the key of C major.
- Then learn how they go together in popular progressions to create songs we know and love.
- Learn how to apply the chords and progressions to play a song with lyric and chord sheets.
- Song example is 'Let It Be' by The Beatles.
- Each module you will get a songbook so you can take what you learn and put it into practice.
Module 2 - Upping Your Game - new chords
- Learn more chord types that will enhance your songs and take your playing to the next level.
- Also learn how to make your songs flow by using the pedal.
- Song examples 'Time After Time' by Cyndi Lauper and 'Yellow' by Coldplay.
- You will get a new songbook also
Module 3 - How to Play In Any Key
- Learn how to play major and minor chords beginning on any note on the piano.
- Learn about chord families and keys
- Then you will learn how to play songs in any new key.
- You will learn how to use inversion chords to make your playing smoother.
- Song example is 'Make You Feel My Love' by Adele.
- Also we begin to learn famous intros to classic songs.
- You will get a new songbook to keep you moving forward.
Module 4 - Implementation week
- This is a week to catch up on anything that you have missed or perfect anything you have particularly enjoyed.
- It is a great week to solidify your practice without tackling anything new.
- I know learning piano takes time and space to engrain itself into your routine, this week allows you time to practice modules 1-3.
- Chords are the foundation of music and it is worthwhile spending this week making sure you know the difference between them all and you understand how to build each one of them.
Module 5 - How To Sound Like A Pro
- Adding fills and flair to your playing will take you to the next level.
- Learn to use the broken chord technique which is very popular in pop, rock and folk music.
- Using different tempo and rhythm patterns will help you play different styles and genres of music.
- Adding a intro part 2.
- Song Example here is 'Piano Man' by Billy Joel.
- New songbook also
Module 6 - Finishing Touches
- Extra left-hand ideas that I find useful and use in my own playing.
- Mood and emotion play a huge part in music, we learn how to add dynamics to your songs allowing you to put more of yourself into what you are playing.
- Song example is 'Running Up That Hill' by Kate Bush.
- How to move forward after the course.
- New Songbook to practice new skills.
Don't forget you have LIFETIME ACCESS to the course portal, material and any future updates.
Q1. I'm a complete beginner, am I able for this course?
Yes, this course is designed to take complete beginners who have never played a piano before to playing their favourite songs from the beginning. In the welcome module I have two before you begin videos which gets you ready for the course ahead.
Q 2. I played a bit of piano when I was younger. Is this course right for me?
Yes, this course teaches a specific skill of learning songs through playing chords and some melody with chord and lyric sheets You might not have learned this if you had traditional classical lessons.
Q 3. What songs or artists will we be learning in the course?
A wide range of artists and songs will be covered including Adele, John Legend, Alanis Morissette, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Coldplay, ABBA, Alicia Keys, Bob Dylan, Lewis Capaldi, Christina Perri, The Cranberries, U2, Ed Sheeran, Guns 'N Roses, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Cash, Lady Gaga, Oasis, The Foo Fighters, Passenger, Sam Smith, Sara Bareilles, Sarah McLachlan, Sting, Tom Petty, Vance Joy, Nirvana, Katy Perry, Kate Bush and many more.
Q 4. Do I need to have a piano to take this course or will a keyboard do?
A keyboard is perfect. You don't need to have a real acoustic piano. Either is good. You will need something to practice and play on. If you don't have one, borrow one for a while!
Q 5. Do I need to be able to read music to do this course?
No, this course is designed for beginners and will be using a different method of playing and learning the piano than sight reading.
Q 6. I don't have that much time to practice during the week, I am worried I won't be able to keep up or finish the course. Will there be a lot of work to do with each module?
The course is initially dripped weekly when first launched but it can be a completely self directed course to pick up and learn piano playing whenever you want. If following along weekly, there will be small manageable goals and video tutorials that are short and to the point. There is no time limit to this course though. Everyone learns differently and at different speeds. You can take as much time as you need to complete each module. Just 10 minutes a day of practice will be enough for you to see results if you are consistent.
If you are thinking "this sounds great but I'm still not 100% sure", keep reading...
You should give Piano Song Academy a 30-day risk free shot if you are motivated by any of the following
#1 You want an enjoyable, fun relaxing hobby
#2 You would love to play your favourite songs for family occasions or friends parties
#3 You want to spend time in the evenings doing something productive and challenging but fun after work
#4 You've always dreamt about sitting down at the piano and playing for the enjoyment of it
#5 You played piano growing up but stopped when life got busy as an adult and now you would love to get back into it
'It was a great chance to take time out for myself...'
‘It was a great chance to take some time out for myself and sit down in front of the piano which I hadn't done in a while. The materials were great … The songs were great - lots of variety. You have a lovely voice and manner so it was enjoyable to listen to you.’
'The style of teaching was super, lovely positive attitude...'
‘I found it most enjoyable. . . It was a lovely way to re-start my interest in learning to play piano after decades. The clear concise instruction was a breath of fresh air compared to how I was taught it as a child.'
'I loved this course, it got me back into piano and made me have a simple goal each week'
'I loved this course, it got me back into piano and made me have a simple goal each week of what to achieve and to sit down and practise!! Liz was an excellent teacher and made everything so easy to follow and accessible. Cannot wait for the next course'
Playing the Piano isn't Easy and Will Take Some Work and Practice...
But the benefits of starting a journey playing a new instrument like the piano far outweigh the negatives. Yes it can be scary trying something new, wondering whether you will stick with it, or be 'good' at it! I can promise you, if try your best and commit to the lessons you will enjoy them so much you won't want to stop playing! It becomes an urge, a pull to the piano. Your fingers won't let you pass the piano without playing something.
Growing up, I played piano when I was having some tough times. I would sit down and play my favourite songs for hours. It helped me probably more than I know. I still sit down and play new songs I hear or my old favourites and get lost in the music. Yes, it can be technically challenging and yes there is a bit to learn to get started but if you push through the initial challenges you will reap the benefits very quickly.
I am a musician, I sing, I write songs, I play guitar and perform but my favourite thing of all is sitting down on my own with my piano and just playing what I feel like in the moment. Sharing music is fun too, that's why I love teaching so much. You can play with or for family and friends too. Start or restart your piano journey with me today and I can bet you won't regret it!
All my best,